Author Topic: Stay a while and listen!  (Read 51860 times)

Minor_Deity

• Keeper of the Imps
  • Lum
Re: Stay a while and listen!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 07:53:17 PM »
If you see Regenerating on the monster tag info he can heal. But it seems to work like creatures in GW that use a skill to restore health if you don't get in some interrupts from your attacks. ;-)

Re-population of the instance is a time related thing according to FSS. It doesn't matter if you rez, ghost, or town on death, except for how long it takes to get to your body. What if anything that has re-spawned is based on some vaguely described relation to time. This is shown by the need to log out completely to re-spawn an instance for runs.

Luck is purposely vague just like MF was in DII... till folks broke down the game code and crunched on the numbers of course.  :-P The current line of thought is it takes a LOT to make an appreciable difference in drops.

For my play time, I got some time in with both ShawnoftheDead and Murdoch. I found a pair of the Fawkes Flameguards. I am now on my work week but will probably log in for a few minutes of but kicking before going to bed in the mornings.
Brewmeister in training --- Town Drunk --- Equal opportunity imbiber.
"If we have to move a Star Wars thread to the Lounge, I’m officially throwing in the towel on any pretense of us not being just a bunch of uber geeks." - Butch
Playing DIII, duh!
DII 1.11 HC - Mods=WMD er I mean RWM (Bite me Bliz) -RRM added as a preservative.
DII 1.09 SC/HC - Crisp and clean and no modding. Never had it, never will.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 08:05:12 AM »
Earlier I found a Fawkes head piece.  Pretty good piece of equipment.

As for the respawning...yeah it happens...no wonder we are losing the war.  I kill the bastards leave to watch a show and when I got back the area was swarming with monsters again.

The area that I was in was Piccadilly.  Fun area.  The annoying thing is that I didn't find the Hellgate.  Is it somewhere hidden?  I found the bookstore and got up to the top floor and found a large chest.  That was nice.  But now I need to do the area again to find the damn Hellgate.

I have to say that I am having a great time with the game.  Very fun and addicting.  All this despite the bugs.  Right now I have two issues that drive me a little nuts.  I wish there were save points so I don't have to redo areas as much.  Not sure if this gets better latter on.  Kinda annoying.  The second thing is that are the large load times going into and out of stations.  The stations are pretty laggy at times to.

mn4nu

• Mal
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »
Hey Geoff, are you subscribing or not?

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 09:05:40 AM »
Hey Geoff, are you subscribing or not?

Not yet.  I am debating asking for the lifetime subscription for Christmas.  I would like to finish Normal before I make that call.

I trust that the major bugs will get cleaned up.  Once that happens the game should be even more fun.  I imagine that all the bugs is making it tough for them to do subscriber content right now.  Right now I am not seeing much worth in being a subscriber.

I also haven't mp'd yet.  I imagine that should be fun but I have no clue how well that is balanced.  My Evoker would kill to play with a Guardian.  It seems those two classes are made to mp together.

mn4nu

• Mal
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:34 AM »
That's what I think a lot of people are doing - waiting to subscribe until there is some real benefit out there.  Nice to see you found that Fawke's helm.  I thought that stuff was available only through that special event and you had to subscribe, but I guess not.  Cool to see that you found it.

There is a guy at work here who let me borrow his disk so I could try and install it on my machine.  I was hoping that I could have a go at it in SP for trial run.  Well, it did not work, so I will not be able to play until I get a new computer, which I have no idea when that will be.  Hopefully by then the bugs are cleaned up and people have some of the gameplay issues resolved.  Until then, more D2 I guess.  I'll still read all these forums to try and keep up with it somewhat.

Gohanman

• Lem
    • http://gohanman.com
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
The area that I was in was Piccadilly.  Fun area.  The annoying thing is that I didn't find the Hellgate.  Is it somewhere hidden?  I found the bookstore and got up to the top floor and found a large chest.  That was nice.  But now I need to do the area again to find the damn Hellgate.

I saw a Hellgate once in one of the little side areas. <Bad description>On the outside levels, there are sometimes little rectangular areas that jut out the side with a set of steps going down</bad description>. Took me a while to find that one.

Huyghe (Wizard :: 60)
Westmalle (Demon Hunter :: 60)
Bernardus (Monk :: 60)
Corsendonk (Barb :: 60)
Fantome (Witch Doctor :: 60)

Darkness

• Cock Puncher
  • Um
    • http://sendraks.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »
Yup, I'm waiting to see whether this is worth subscribing for or not. Currently my inclinations are towards it not being worth it, as there are insufficient benefits to subscribing and I really don't see MP offering that much depth unless there is a elite difficulty, hardcore mode, group going.

Of course this is down to poor organisation over here and a general lack of presence of my guildmates.
Private insurance gives the cheapest and best coverage to the well, and the most expensive and least coverage to the sick. This is a classic case of the Inverse Care Law - the poorest and most vulnerable need healthcare the most, but will get least access.

"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

I find him an engaging conversationalist but I wouldn't say I was "into" him. - Thrugg

"You are the Darkness in which all life dies, my Lord."

lone_wolf

• Pul
  • Member of the Crystal Obsidian army
    • My site for the grail
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 01:28:35 PM »
bah i only play mp but of course i thend to play mp alone when im not playing with my brother.

mostly because im testing the chars out and rebuild them :lol:

poor shadewolf will get an indentity crisis soon as often as im rebuilding and change classes on him.

i like the game and i cant wait to see how it will look in a few months time
Currently playing what you see in my xfire profile

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 08:03:15 AM »
Well I was supper annoyed that I wasn't able to get onto the server last night.

In SP I created an Engineer.  So much easier than the Evoker.  At least to start with.  Blew right through the early quests and got to level four.  Pretty fun character.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »
Was back online last night.   Had a great time.  I haven't had this much fun with a game in a while.

I finally dropped a point in Lash and at the same time I got a focus item with penetrate shield. 

Uber Goodness!

One of these days I need to hook with some of you people and do some MP action.  Some random person tried to chat me up last night. 

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »
Last night I completed the Death's Tunnel quest.  Man that was a biatch.  I died three times in that quest alone.  Making for a total of five deaths.  I ran into an area where there where three of those Zombie Summoners in one small area.  My cabalist didn't have enough fire power to take them all out quickly.  The battle took at least 20 minutes and if it weren't for Brom's Curse I wouldn't have survived at all.  That place was just lousy with zombies.

Also played my SP Engineer.  I really like my engineer.  He is much quicker at doing things than my Evoker.  I wonder if the table will be turned once I get father into the game.

Any interest in having a thread, like Roll Call, where we list all our SP characters?

Hurtlocker

• Lum
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »
This game reminds me of D2 when it first came out, getting your ass kicked
over and over until you learn the tricks. The millenium battle was tough because
my old computer went to about one FPS and I had to fight those big ass guys
in slow motion. Took about half an hour and about ten deaths but that whole
battle rained massive amounts of loot on me. :D The sword characters seem to work
best as long as you keep moving, the shootings guys are OK if you sniper them from
a distance first to "cull the herd". I have only found two uniques so far, each not
usable for the character that found it, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them. :D
This game needs an ATMA system really bad, where's that Dr. T. when you need him the
most?? By the way, hi everyone. :shock:   
n-Retired, having fun working again.

mn4nu

• Mal
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 12:50:22 PM »
Nice to hear from you Hurtlocker!!  Been a long time since I've seen you around.  Good to see you are playing this.  Maybe we'll hear from you more now.  :D

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
Go to see you again Hurtlocker!  Not sure what the millenium battle is yet.  I imagine I will get there eventually.

I tried sniper and I find it difficult to target...though I guess that I need to figure out how to zoom in...or do I need to buy a scope first.  Too much stuff to figure out.  Fun stuff.

lone_wolf

• Pul
  • Member of the Crystal Obsidian army
    • My site for the grail
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »
you just need some bacis training and more accurency :-P

if/when the 0,5 patch comes out with the 24 char slots for everyone i will make a sniper spect marksman  :dance: then i will tell you all about it :o

Currently playing what you see in my xfire profile