Author Topic: Mini-Game/Mods and other FAQs  (Read 8695 times)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
Re: Mini-Game/Mods and other FAQs
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 09:03:23 AM »
I've had no fps issues in the game at all except for going up or down stairs in stations (particularly Covent Garden) and that's game programming. My FPS never dips any other times with max settings. This is why I overpaid for a PC :D

You have a 640MB card. That's why. VRAM usage typically floats around 600MB in a station with DX9, high AA, everything else maxed, at 1680x1050. Hence, why I get a drop on my 320MB card - but only in stations - I still get great FPS in instances. ;) And I didn't overpay. :P

@Sssithy: Depends on your resolution and other settings. Try medium. If no probs, then gg (4xMSAA is a great medium between quality and performance). If it lags/stutters/dies, try low. A 7600 won't do 16X, so if you even have a "high" option, it's going to be something else (7-series and 8-series do different types of AA; there's no CSAA on anything older than 8-series).

Actually, on a 7-series, low might be 2x, medium 4x, and high 4xQ. I can't remember what the options were on my old card.

Bah, just try 'em and see what you like. :lol:

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah

Tarr

• Bandwagoner
  • Ko
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 02:08:48 AM »
Hmmm...nah, I'll pass on HC, just like I did in D2. :P

"when i'm old and when my eyes have shrivelled up their standard 100 inch screen of the time will be ok.  when my hands wither away the 1 button mouse will finally make sense and the most fun i'll have is pissing myself .. then i'll be boring enough for a mac"  -Timinator

I'm quite sick of having choices of "Bud Light" or "Busch Light".  That's like choosing between my own piss and someone elses piss.  -Dashy

"It's now very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that.'  As if that gives them certain rights; it's actually nothing more...it's simply a whine.  It's no more than a whine.  'I find that offensive,' it has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that,' well so fucking what?"   -Stephen Fry

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 07:08:44 AM »
I'm seriously thinking of giving HC a go after I finish normal.

Unrelated bit I meant to post a few days ago, just in case there was someone here who wasn't aware of it... Although you can't use gyro braces from the CTRL key when you're stunned, you CAN use them if you have them hotkeyed. With a stack on a hotkey, stun-lock is not so much of an issue. ;)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
If you are an Evoker you live and die by your foci.  To say that there are confusing elements to this is an understatement.  To help myself out I have tracked down this resource:

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showthread.php?t=35740

Highly recommended reading if you are going to play an Evoker.

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2008, 12:52:01 PM »
Also of interest....

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/showpost.php?p=661093&postcount=1

That link is full of useful links.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
A bit of trivia:

The amount of crafting components you get from an item is dictated by its current value. So: ID'ing stuff, which increases its value, will increase the materials you get. Still, my experience is that ID'ing greens usually increases the value by 20 P, for the price of a 25 P analyzer. ID'ing has no bearing on whether or not you get a nanoshard, however, which is pure fickle fate and can come from any item, even grey ones.

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »

Damage formula figured out for evokers' focus and spells...

If you have one focus, the "power" rating (only visible in the "examine" window) is the damage it does.
If you have two foci equipped, they are added together but only at 60% efficiency each, so it is possible to do less damage with two than with one if one is very much higher than the other.

Example: You have two foci. One has a power rating of 70 and the other has a power rating of 40. Using them together, you'd do [(70 + 40) * 0.6] = 66 damage.

Gohanman

• Lem
    • http://gohanman.com
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 10:38:53 PM »
Interesting. That means many of the spells deal identical damage and just proc different effects, right?

Related, since you've played one a bit: how does it work out for dual-wielding blade masters? I've been hearing 75% damage at the swing rate of the slower weapon.

Also, how do the attack skills work? For example: does Sword of Reckoning swing both swords at the same time, just one, or one after the other? Does Sword of Justice alternate swords for 3 swings, alternate for 6 swings, or swing both simultaneously 3 times? Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to ask, if you don't use those particular skills. I'm not sure the best way to word it.

Huyghe (Wizard :: 60)
Westmalle (Demon Hunter :: 60)
Bernardus (Monk :: 60)
Corsendonk (Barb :: 60)
Fantome (Witch Doctor :: 60)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 10:50:17 PM »
Yeah, it's 75% damage of each sword but done simultaneously; the swing speed is dictated by the slower sword.

SoR - dunno, don't use it.

SoJ - this is my bread-n-butter skill. It swings both swords simultaneously 3x each, for 6 hits pretty much instantly (the animation is lightning-fast, takes less than 1 second for all 6 hits even with the "very slow" swords). It's a one-click kill on almost anything non-rare/legendary up to everything I've encountered so far (level 33 mobs). When done with a pair of Cinderspikes, the effect is glorious (6 explosions doing a heap of damage each, 1 second later :lol:). That said, I still prefer a Righteous Star and Flame Column - I'm pretty much guaranteed to either phase or ignite ever time I swing...

I'm actually planning to write up a BM guide, since I think I have a pretty good grip on how it plays out. From level 31-50, it's just going to be more of the same as far as skills/equipment/stats go.

Oh, and Whirlwind is a friggin' blast. :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 10:54:11 PM by Luchaire »

Gohanman

• Lem
    • http://gohanman.com
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 11:24:25 AM »
I don't know if this is news to anyone else, but I just discovered it last night.

You can identify quest rewards BEFORE you choose which one you want. Extremely nice on quests that give legendaries as a reward, and useful for the ones that give a choice of (blue) mod.

Huyghe (Wizard :: 60)
Westmalle (Demon Hunter :: 60)
Bernardus (Monk :: 60)
Corsendonk (Barb :: 60)
Fantome (Witch Doctor :: 60)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:36 AM »
Neat. Didn't know that one. :)

Sssith

• Sssexy BeaSsst
  • Sur
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »
So you go and identify all the stuff just to see which one to pick?

I've also wondered what the 'Choose for me.' does?  Does that mean they will give you the best one or only the one that matches your class?

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 11:55:41 AM »
It will automagically match your class when the choice is obvious (armor/weapons that are class-specific). If it's a less obvious choice, such as when it's a bunch of mods, it seems to be random. They're almost always junk anyway, so I just let it choose and half the time it'll pick things like tech mods for my evoker...

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
Neat.

Hellgate London printer-friendly map + mini-game, current to patch 1.1 and Stonehenge:

Clicky!