Author Topic: Starcraft 2  (Read 10855 times)

Guai

• Ko
Re: Starcraft 2
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 07:44:28 AM »
I don't find the use in having carriers. Motherships are heavy assault/support, Phoenix are light air-to-air, Warp Rays are heavy air-to-air... Carriers just seem kind of pointless and dumb.
<@DarkChaos> Nazi
<@DarkChaos> WE DON'T WANT YOUR HATE CRIMES HERE
<@DarkChaos> TAKE IT BACK TO GERMANIA SHADOW
<@Guai> yeah DC, you better hide
<@Guai> you gypsy fuck
<@DarkChaos> Stfu wetback
<@^Shadow> Hey, shut up, you guys are crossing the line now.
<@^Shadow> I might be forced to take action.
<@Guai> go read a hand
<@DarkChaos> go mow some lawns
<@Guai> don't you have a caravan to tend to?
* DarkChaos was kicked by ^Shadow (FINAL SOLUTION!)

FrolfFreak

• Freaky Frolf?
  • Ko
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 07:50:32 AM »
Maybe carriers are cheaper to build than Motherships, or have a better firepower/cost ratio.  In any case, don't you think it's a bit premature to say which units are useless? :)  I mean, the game isn't even out yet!

Liquid Evil

• Dol
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 08:06:59 AM »
Is there a reason they are taking so long with the Zerg units?  Like they want to keep them a mystery or they are just not done with them?
_____If I can't kill it with a druid...it can't be killed.______

SSB is so cool. Liq's project ideas are just as cool. --DarkChaos
it's time people stop hyping tub, that windy is the most horrible thing that entered the moor --nex

Guai

• Ko
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 09:11:49 AM »
Mystery, I guess.

Zerg were always my favourite race, and having no information on them is making me more than antsy... O_O
<@DarkChaos> Nazi
<@Guai> you gypsy fuck
<@Guai> go read a hand

Liquid Evil

• Dol
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
Zerg were always my favourite race, and having no information on them is making me more than antsy... O_O

QFT.

it's time people stop hyping tub, that windy is the most horrible thing that entered the moor --nex

plank

• Io
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 06:31:17 PM »
Thirded.

I still like to load up SC and just have a bit of a melee as Zerg. Nothing more fun.
Goatee Plank, Abe Lincoln Plank, Zappa Plank, Mustache Plank, Lemmy Plank, Full Beard Plank, and Pringles Plank

Orbert

• Fal
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2007, 10:12:44 AM »
My son is going crazy waiting for updates on the Zerg. They're his favorite, too. I just tell him, first of all, this is an excellent opportunity to practice having patience. We got a little of each race in that first splash, and we've seen Terran and Protoss now, so Zerg will obviously be next. I think Blizz knows that Zerg are a lot of people's favorite race (for whatever reason - I personally hate the little buggers) and I'm sure them holding out on Zerg details until last is not an accident.

As for those Motherships versus Carriers and others, Motherships are gonna cost huge resources and time to build. I'm guessing 1000 or more minerals and taking at least two or three times as long to build as a carrier. Blizz always tries to balance things (sometimes with mixed results, but still...) So as always, it depends on who you're fighting and what type of battle it is. On a huge map with plenty of resources, it's gonna be a long drawn-out battle, so I can see taking the time to build one or two way back behind the lines. On a smaller map, no way.

Liquid Evil

• Dol
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2007, 11:34:34 AM »
I think Blizz knows that Zerg are a lot of people's favorite race (for whatever reason - I personally hate the little buggers) and I'm sure them holding out on Zerg details until last is not an accident.

Really?  In all of my online SC play, I seemed to fight quite a bit of every race, but I would have guessed the most popular was Protoss.  Interesting that you thought Zerg was the obvious favorite.  I wonder if there's a poll or something that has addressed just this issue.  What are other people's experience?  Is Zerg the hands down favorite?

Liquid Evil

• Dol
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »
Well I was curious to my own question so I just googled some quick results.

http://www.sclegacy.com/showthread.php?t=2

FrolfFreak

• Freaky Frolf?
  • Ko
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2007, 12:05:28 PM »
Dude, that poll is, like, so September :)  But it shows Protoss as number 1, so all is well in the world.  Go 'toss!

Edit: Oh, right, poll *started* in September, not closed in September.  Oops.  Reading comprehension ftw...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:09:05 PM by FrolfFreak »

Orbert

• Fal
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 02:09:07 PM »
Well, I sit corrected.

I'm divided on the Zerg, actually.  I think Zerg are probably the funnest to play, but once I step out of the game mindset, I think they're totally disgusting. I hate bugs and wormy slimy things, and they are definitely that. But for some reason I thought people really dug them. I guess it's just my son, who's a weirdo anyway. If Zerg are the clear non-favorite, then that's the real reason Blizz saved them for last. To get the bigger hype out there, rather than holding it out. Weird how it could kinda go either way.

plank

• Io
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
Of course... I'm talking vanilla SC when I pick zerg. As far as BroodWar goes.. well, I'd really rather not play it :P

I'm not surprised people like Protoss... or Terran, or even Zerg. This really was the best-balanced RTS ever, but I just kicked that little bit more ass with Zerg than I could with the other two. Something about the mentality of the player - I couldn't micro well enough to make good use of Templar etc (Of course, Defilers can be a different story...)
Goatee Plank, Abe Lincoln Plank, Zappa Plank, Mustache Plank, Lemmy Plank, Full Beard Plank, and Pringles Plank

Guai

• Ko
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 07:09:54 AM »
WE HAVE ZERG!

www.starcraft2.com for more info.

I'm happy.
<@DarkChaos> Nazi
<@Guai> you gypsy fuck
<@Guai> go read a hand

Orbert

• Fal
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 02:50:07 PM »
I found some videos online; oddly enough they're not on the Blizzard website, but a place called WeGame.com.  The video itself is stamped ThisIsGame.com.

The Gameplay video looks like the actual video used at The Unveiling, but we don't get the Blizzard guy talking about it; it's just a bunch of scenes.  You can tell what's going on though, and it's definitely legit.

Gameplay video

The Unveiling (shaky cam)

These are from Blizzplanet.com

Screenshots!

It's looking pretty cool.  Apparently the new Blizz mentality is "Make everything 10 times as powerful as before, and it will be 10 times as cool".  Let's just hope they can keep the awesome balance that the first game had.

plank

• Io
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
WE HAVE ZERG!

www.starcraft2.com for more info.

I'm happy.

about freaking time! I've been checking the site intermittently for months, and had pretty much forgotten about this until now..

Zerg = teh pwn. Hands down my favourite race in any multiplayer format  8-)