Author Topic: fighter/weapons master help  (Read 841 times)

Heinberg

• Tir
fighter/weapons master help
« on: April 01, 2004, 10:35:20 AM »
my fighter is lvl6 now and due to me getting all the prereqs he will start lvling in weapons master next lvl.  now, should i add another class to him or leave him at a fighter/weapons master.

if i was to add another class i was thinking cleric so that i had som healing powers.  the thing is i dont know much about casters (lvling, spells, how to cast, ect) so i was looking for some help

this is my first character (just redone many times) so i need all the pointers i can get

also how does one make an epic class character.  i was thinking maybe making an epic weapons master, but i dont know if that counts as a class or not, i know you can only use 3.

thanks for any help
ome people are like slinkies... not really good for anything , but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

SirWarkof

• Ko
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 10:51:53 AM »
I'd vote against taking Cleric levels, unless for RP reasons. Clerics need high Charisma and Wisdom, stats a Fighter/WM doesn't really have.

I'd say leave him a Fighter/Weapon Master, for now. You could maybe throw in some barbarian of Rogue, but I say you should stay pure.

An Epic Class Character is simply a Core Class (FIghter, Wizard, Rogue etc.) who's class level is over 20, or a Prestige Class (Weapon Master, Shadowdancer) who's class level is over 10. Mind that you need at least 10 levels in a core class (Combined? Dunno. Needs testing), before you can take a prestige class higher then 10.

An Epic CHaracter is one who's total of levels exceeds 20.

For instance:

21 fighter - Epic Fighter, epic Character
10/11 Figheter/Weapon Master - Epic Weapon Master, Epic CHaracter
10/7/4 Fighter/Weapon Master/Cleric - Epic character only

Being epic doesn't count against the max three classes, it's but a notation of the immense power you've achived in an area of expertise.

And for that Fighter/WM, pump strength and get all the critical hit feats. Pure and unadultered massacre.

Good luck!

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:38:07 AM »
My advice is much the same as Warkof's above.

I would leave him as a Fighter/WM. Since WM is a PrC, there's no XP hit for multi-classing.

As for what classes you would add, hmmm. I wouldn't recommend Cleric, for the same reasons above, as you'd have to start pumping Wis, and you probably wouldn't get Dev. Crit that way. Although some Rogue levels could be nice for sneak attack, Dev. Crit makes that pretty useless. And an armored fighter isn't going to be real stealthy. For Druid, see Cleric. Bard and Sorc, you'd have to start pumping up Cha, so it doesn't do any more good than Cleric. I don't think taking Barb levels would be usefull unless you took many, but you could get some nice DR and Rage, and still pump Str. for Dev. Crit, but personally I'd stick with the increased feats a Fighter gets and put them into strength, energy resist, etc...

One class that COULD be nice would be some Wiz levels, since you have an Int. of at least 13 anyway, but remember that you'd have to stay unarmored ;-)

Pixelated

• Discombobulated Pixie
  • Jah
  • Looking for a recombobulation area
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 11:47:02 AM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
One class that COULD be nice would be some Wiz levels, since you have an Int. of at least 13 anyway, but remember that you'd have to stay unarmored ;-)

Actually, adding 3 wizard levels, specialized and with an INT of 14 (13 + a ring of clear thought or something), would give access to 3 second level spells... which means he could take Bull's Strength, Endurance, and Cat's Grace... and be the uber-self-buffing fighter. Remove armor, cast them, put armor on, and be good to go for 3 hours. I rather like this tactic with fighters myself.

Plus it gives class access to the Spellcraft skill, which increases your saving throw versus spells by one for every five points - a very useful benefit for fighter types.

The downside is that because of the lovely Bioware bug with PrC's, if he's human or half elf, he *will* suffer the 20% XP penalty for multiclassing unless his fighter and wizard levels are within one level of each other.

This is best done with an elf, however, since they have wizard as favored class and thus won't suffer the XP penalty.

Aim low. Less chance of disappointment. More chance of a nutshot.

If you don't have idiot friends, it's possible you are the idiot friend.

maxbeedo

• Lum
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 11:59:33 AM »
Well, Rogue levels would be good just for the +6 skill pts, and being able to disarm/unlock/use/equip/persaude anything (obviously taking a decent amount of levels to get all those).  Plus there's Evasion and Uncanny Dodge rather early in the rogue levels.  If you went all the way up to 10, you'd have a lot of skill pts, plus a rogue feat like Improved Evasion, although you'd have to be careful that you have enough room to get epic levels in WM to get the critical feats (they get one for every 3 levels above 10).  A dwarf or halfling would be able to avoid the XP penalty..... although if you were a dwarf, I would still recommend the Fighter/WM/Dwarven Defender :D.  And my opinion is biased by the OC, where there are ungodly amounts of locked chests and traps that are too much of a hassle to deal with without taking some rogue levels (or reserving spell slots for Knock and Find Traps).
Currently playing: King of Fighters XIV, ME3 MP (PS3), Bloodborne, Life is Strange
http://psnprofiles.com/maxbeedo
"Terrific, I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." ----The Last Starfighter
"Has anyone ever tried to kill you before?" "Yes, but I defend myself with my superior wit and guile." ----Sports Night

Heinberg

• Tir
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 03:22:19 PM »
thanks guys, that is some really good imput.  i just hope i can get past lvl 10 seeing as i just bout sacred
ome people are like slinkies... not really good for anything , but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.