Author Topic: KotOR question  (Read 916 times)

Bahgoon

• Sol
KotOR question
« on: December 03, 2005, 12:35:34 PM »
Has anybody been able to take out Marl in the duels (Tarris upper cantina) with your character at level 2? I'm trying to figure out a strategy but no luck so far.   :cry:

Just in case it has been a while, he is the 4th guy you duel and rushes you for melee straight away.
Bahgoon

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Mad Godji

• Big Mutant French Lizard
  • Pul
    • Art of Gaming
Re: KotOR question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 04:41:10 PM »
Quote from: "Bahgoon"
Has anybody been able to take out Marl in the duels (Tarris upper cantina) with your character at level 2? I'm trying to figure out a strategy but no luck so far.   :cry:

Just in case it has been a while, he is the 4th guy you duel and rushes you for melee straight away.

This works like a charm with Bendak as it is a deathmatch, but I am not sure you are allowed to do it on the "normal" matches...

What I'm speaking of is grenades of course. Sonic grenade (you should have found a few) to lower his Dex and make him miss, and classic for damage (keep the plasma ones for Bendak). But as I said, not sure they work in "first blood" matches.

Bahgoon

• Sol
KotOR question
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:39:05 PM »
Grenades work great except this joker rushes you right from the start and you can't hit him with a grenade.   :(
Bahgoon

Lego

• Windows Fanboy
  • Disciple of Freddie
  • Vex
  • Me show HIM some trick or two
KotOR question
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 06:33:58 PM »
I can only beat him at level 2 with, well, not cheating, but taking liberties with the game engine ;-)

At the paused screen just before combat begins, go into your inventory. Click on at least one of every stim you have - adrenal strength, stamina, battle stim, everything.

At the commence of battle, charge him and meet him halfway. Blasters and grenades will just get you killed.

Once every round (you may have to work on the timing), click into the inventory screen and use a medpac. Every single round, wether you seem to need it or not. He may still stunlock you, in which case you're pretty much just dead, but it's the only way I've ever figured out how to beat him without just sheer dumb luck.

The engine lets you choose a combat action every round from the main screen - attack, down a stim, turn on shield, use force power, etc.... but, if you use the above method, you can use the inventory screen to down a medpac every round, click out, and also attack that round. Good luck, and let us know if you need any other help ;-)

Thrugg

• Inscrutable
  • Lem
KotOR question
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 09:07:15 AM »
While I usually resort to the insta-healing that Lego describes, I think I did take him out with a lvl 2 once by kiting.  You can run slightly faster than he can, and he doesn't heal, so it is just a matter of running around the outside for long enough to put a gap between you that he can't close while you shoot, pause turn shoot turn back run away again.  It can be frustrating because one misjudge of the distance is typically terminal.
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."? - U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864

Bahgoon

• Sol
KotOR question
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 09:32:10 AM »
Somehow I get the vision of the gladiator contest in 'The Life of Brian'.  :D

I contemplated this, but I'm a notorious spaz when it comes to kiting. Does he heal between battles? Maybe I could lay land mines repeatedly.  :D
Bahgoon